State Assistance

You can apply for financial assistance (be it food stamps, daycare assistance, etc) from the federal government, but there are also a number of state assistance programs you MAY qualify as a single mother. Indeed, if you are looking for direct assistance of some sort, your state might be the best resource. Keep in mind that there are other private assistance programs out there you can look at such as charities, religious organizations, and woman’s shelters — so don’t stop your search for help here!

We’ve spent a good deal of time compiling a list of financial assistance resources for single mothers by STATE. We’ve tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much information as we could find that each U.S. State offers to single mothers/single parents. If you know about additional state assistance programs we’ve missed, please do leave that information as a comment.

AlabamaHawaiiMassachusettsNew MexicoSouth Dakota
AlaskaIdahoMichiganNew YorkTennessee
ArizonaIllinoisMinnesotaNorth CarolinaTexas
ArkansasIndianaMississippiNorth DakotaUtah
DelawareLouisianaNevadaPennsylvaniaWest Virginia
FloridaMaineNew HampshireRhode IslandWisconsin
GeorgiaMarylandNew JerseySouth CarolinaWyoming

One response on “State Assistance

  1. Hello my name is barbara myself and my 4 year old baby girl is named hailey. I just recently got out of a bad relationship im receiving child support but have no job and is in dire need of help for a place to live while I get a job and go back to school. I am not looking for a womens shelter and or anything like that. But I am looking fir an apartment for 300 a month if possibal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *